1/35 French Light Tank R35
Tamiya welcomes a new French subject to the 1/35 Military Miniature Series in the form of the R35.
It was originally designed as a successor to the late-WWI Renault FT and inherited its 37mm gun paired with a cast turret and three-piece bolted cast hull. Around 1.500 were manufactured after its official adoption in 1935 they were one of the main pillars of the French attempt to resist the German onslaught during the Fall of France in May/June 1940.
About the Model
• This is a 1/35 scale plastic model kit. Length: 114mm, width: 55mm.
• Tamiya designers visited a real R35 in the Saumur Armored Museum to ensure the superb accuracy of this kit. The curves of the cast hull and complex turret form are captured in style with slide molding employed in the latter.
• The 37mm gun offers elevation and (as on the actual R35) 5 degrees of traverse to either side.
• Assembly type tracks allow fuss-free depiction of upper run sag. They feature one-piece straight sections.
• Comes with two marking options and a figure to be perched on the hatch in the turret rear.
• A color painting guide aids with recreation of the intricate French camouflage pattern.
"Le Buffle" 21st Combat Tank Battalion June 1940
23rd Combat Tank Battalion June 1940