1/12 Lotus Type 78 (w/Photo-Etched Parts)
Tamiya welcomes back Item 12037 (originally released in 2008) with updated decals. The Lotus Type 78 was one of the first ground effect downforce cars in Formula One. This car took part in the first races in 1977, and the Lotus Type 79 – successor to Type 78 - achieved the title in 1978.
Item Contents / Information
• This is a 1/12 scale plastic assembly model. Length: 381mm, width: 171mm, height: 76mm.
• New decals are included to depict Goodyear logos at nose, and front /rear end plate sections.
• Coil spring suspension allows movement.
• Front tires move in unison when moving the steering wheel.
• Fuel pipe and the ignition cord components are connected to the DFV engine parts.
• Front cowl, cockpit cowl, radiator ducts and induction box are removable.
• Photo-etched parts include brake discs radiator, two types of front and rear wingtips and seat buckles to complete the set.